Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Comic Review: Jennifer's Body (BOOM! Studios) By Oliver C.



Jennifer’s Body BOOM! Studios

“Laugh Out Loud Funny”


If you have trouble deciding whether to read this or not, I will make it easier for you. By using only one word I can persuade you to read this. Megan Fox. Mmmm.....we all love her right? After this you might not...




Megan Fox is Jennifer Check. The most popular girl in the school. Every guy wants her, every girl wants to be her, or do they? Jennifer has a secret, she likes to kill boys. And she doesn’t use proper murder tools either. Jennifer is different, she is evil. Although they don’t say it in the comic, you could call her a demon. The comic has four chapters, an epilogue and a prologue. Each chapter following a teenage boy, and his so far so good life. Each boy has his own story about Jennifer, but they don’t live to tell it.

The epilogue is beautifully drawn, Jennifer actually looks alike Megan Fox. But as soon as you finish that and go on to chapter one it changes. This chapter looks like a very talented child drew it. Lots of colours, and out of proportion objects met by great facial expressions, and broken looking fingers is a great style! Chapter two looks like a regular comic again, nothing new here. Chapter three has lots of different textures, and each frame has more than 2 shades of brown in it. And chapter four and the epilogue look like the more common, and normal look.

I liked the style of the comic, and the fact that it was split up into chapters, each following a different victim. I liked how closely it related to the movie (Or at least what I saw from the trailers). It was also the funniest comic I’ve ever read! It may just be me who thinks that kind of humour is funny, but if I am then so be it! When Jonas tried his best to day dream about boobies I busted out laughing. Over and over I laughed. It is one hell of a comic.

I eventually got bored of reading about the boys lives once I learned that they were all going to die. I just wanted to see them get killed. I also didn’t like some of the scary demon-like faces Jennifer made; they kind of made me look at her in a different way after. There wasn’t too much I disliked about this comic.

Hopefully the comic was half as good as the new movie to soon come. Not too much excitement lies in this book, just a lot of suspense, and terror. I recommend this. It’s great for anyone who loves demonic murders or Megan Fox.

Writer: Rick Spears
Artists: Jim Mahfood, Ming Doyle, Nikki Cook, Tim Seeley

8 Out of 10

Review By: Oliver Copeland

No comments: