Sunday, July 19, 2009

Opinion: How To Survive San Diego Comic Con




With San Diego only days away, I thought some survival tips would help out to get through this con a lot easier.


1) Shower and Use Deodorant: Cons are extremely crowded & it can get extremely warm in there, do your fellow con goers a favor and shower & use deodorant. I can't stress this enough. Nothing is worse than a smelly fanboy.

2) Bring Bottled Water: Hydration is extremely important. Plus at what the conventions halls charge, it's best to bring your own. I suggest either one of those camping plastic bottles or one of those aluminum bottles. Most of these halls have plenty of water fountains around, & it's really easy just to fill it up when you're running low.

3) Bring Snacks: You're gonna get hungry, so bring some snacks with you. And again, the convention hall is going to try to charge you an arm & leg to eat something. I know I don't like paying $8 for a small turkey sandwich. Personally I suggest something with protein in it like a energy bar.

4) Wear Comfortable Clothes and Shoes: Might as well be comfortable, seeing how you're going to be on your feet all day.

5) Use Deodorant

6) Keep A List: I find it easier to keep a list of items I'm looking for. So when I'm thumbing through the bins I know what I want.

7) Keep Your Autograph Items Ready: There is nothing more annoying then waiting in line for an autograph, and the guy in front of you doesn't have anything ready. Take the comics out of the bag & get them ready for signings.

8) Use Deodorant

9) Bring a Bag: Personally I find it easy to bring a backpack, with an extra collapsible bag for bought items & swag. Just makes it easier. I suggest bringing a poster tube, seeing how a lot of the swag is posters & you don't want to get them messed up.

10) Mind You Manners - It takes very little effort to say "Excuse me". Try it.

11) Use Deodorant - Notice a trend here. This is something I just can't stress enough.

12) Have a Good Time - Just enjoy yourself.

No comments: