Saturday, June 27, 2009

Comic Explosion G.I. JOE Movie Adaptation #1 (IDW Comics) Review by Oliver C.



Official G.I. Joe Rise of the Cobra Movie Adaptation #1 IDW

Action packed and loaded!

I never read any of the old G.I. Joe comics nor watched the TV. show but I am excited to see the new movie one on top of that: to read the rest of the comics.




This comic starts off slow, with talk about a new weapon to make war ‘safer’ and it slowly introduces a few characters. While a package is being transported and protected by a special elite nato unit, enemies attack and try to steal it. This is where it gets good. Neck breaking, sword slicing, and lots and lots of explosions. Not to mention the very sexy Ana.

The action in this really seemed to explode from the pages, and the characters were instantly part of me. Almost everything in this comic was well done. In the beginning I was just utterly confused. I seemed to get distracted and bored. I did know that these boring parts were crucial for the rest of the book, if I didn't read the first half I wouldn't understand the other.

Ill say it once more: The killing and explosions were awesome! The many things going on make you look over the frames more than once. This issue #1 of G.I. Joe really seems to promise a good series about to unfold.

The story moves along quickly and it’s not at all hard to follow. The artwork is nice (as always) and a beautifully done front cover. If you ever read or watched the old G.I. Joe comics/cartoons I can’t tell you if this comic here is anything compared to the original. But for those of you who are hoping to get this comic and learn about G.I. Joe for the first time I recommend this.

This is no better or worse than a normal comic book, nor is it very exciting or suspenseful. But remember: it’s only the first issue, and it will get better. I liked it, and I would like to read more to come.

7.5/10

On sale July 1st.

Oliver C.

No comments: