Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Comic Explosion: Aliens #1 (Dark Horse Comics) Review By Oliver C.



A Great Start for a Great Comic

ALIENS #1 Dark Horse Comics

I’ve always loved the Alien series, and this new comic by dark horse has really brought back some not-so-far-away memories. I finished this short comic book in only a matter of minutes, but it was so good I went back to read it again.




There are two available covers: the daylight cover and the night time cover. And it’s slightly cheaper than the other comics at my local store ($3.50) as well as thicker. The book itself is very over-loaded with ads though.

This was a regular read through observing our everyday heroes do their work. And like most comics, this one kept me reading and left my eyebrows half an inch higher than they usually are at the end. Not much excitement is printed inside this comic, but it is full of surprises. I think this is a great start for this new exciting series, and I hope to read even better books of this series in the future.

Aliens #1 was great and I would recommend it to any fan of the Alien series, or if you just like to read comics.


8/10

Oliver C.

No comments: