Thursday, May 28, 2009

5 Quick Questions with Duncan Roulean


Duncan Rouleau is an American comic book writer and artist, and is a part of the Man of Action collective of creators (along with Joe Casey, Joe Kelly, Steven T. Seagle), who created the series Ben 10, currently airing on Cartoon Network.

Rouleau has illustrated a variety of popular American comic books for Dark Horse Comics, DC Comics, Image Comics, Marvel Comics, and other publishers. He recently illustrated, and co-wrote, the 8-issue miniseries of The Metal Men in 2007 by DC Comics.

In 2006, Rouleau released his first original graphic novel, The Nightmarist, published by Active Images.



He agreed to answer 5 Quick Questions:

1) What would you say is your greatest achievement in comics?

As far as "greatest achievement" I suppose I should leave that to others to decide. I know that I am extremely proud of the work that I am doing presently From the graphic novel The Nightmarist to the Metal Men mini series and the book I'm doing right now The Great Unknown. I am also proud to have worked on both Uncanny X Men as well as Action Comics Superman.

2) Who was your favorite writer or artist that you worked with & why?

Different people have taught me so many things. The other guys in Man of Action ( Joe Kelly, Joe Casey and Steve Seagle) are the ones that have constantly pushed me to do better. I was extremely proud to have George Perez and Terry Austin ink my pencils. The reason well - they are both legends.

3) What character you have never worked .., would you like to do & why?

I am really enjoying working on my own titles right now, and will probably concentrate on those for the time being. However having said that - I would like to get my hands on some Spiderman.

4) Who are your influences?

I'm unsure. I love Steve Ditko and Jack Kirby, John Byrne, Alex Toth to name a few. I don't think i draw like any of them however.

5) What hero or villain would you like to change if you could and why?

I think there are too many mutants in the world. I would like to go back and put a cap on that.

Check out Duncan at his site Manofaction.tv

No comments: